Call Kim - real answers in real estate
Moving Tips for Sellers
- Give your forwarding address to the post office, usually 2-4 weeks ahead of the move.
- Notify your charge cards, magazine subscriptions, and bank of the changes of address.
- Develop a list of people who need to be notified of the move.
- Arrange to have utilities disconnected at your old home and connected at your new one.
- Cancel your newspaper.
- Clean out appliances and prepare them for moving.
- Have a “first open” box with the things you’ll need most-toilet paper, soap, trash bags, scissors, hammer, screwdriver, pencils and paper, cups and plates, water, snacks, and toothpaste.
- Get copies of medical and dental records and prescriptions for your family and pets.
- Get copies of children's school records for transfer.
- Empty your safety deposit box.
- Consider special travel needs for pets.
- Carry traveler’s checks or an ATM card for ready cash until you can open a bank account.